Mandat International in figures
Provide accommodation and support to delegates from developing countries:
- Over 80 000 nights
- Over 10 000 delegates hosted and guided
- Participation support to more than 1 000 international conferences
- Emergency accommodation during high-attendance conferences
Welcome, inform and facilitate the participation of delegates:
- Some 150'000 documents distributed to delegate.
- Over 35’000 visitors and 44'000 information requests handled by the Welcome Desk since mid-2007 in the six official UN languages.
- A documentation centre with over 17'000 reference documents offered to the Unviersity of Ouagadougou.
- A database identifying 25'000 organisations all over the world.
Inform delegates via Internet:
- A dozen of multilingual information websites covering up to 5 official UN languages: English, French, Spanish, Arabic and Russian.
- Up to 5 million page views per year.
- Visitors from 213 countries and autonomous territories.
- A web portal providing over 1'800 useful links on international Geneva.
- A legal search engine for International Law compiling over 850 international conventions analysed article by article.
- A web agenda with over 500 international conferences selected each year.
- Multiple information guides.
Raise awareness of youth on International Geneva:
- Over 5’000 students participated in some 105 visits and events organised in order to discover the work conducted by international organisations.
- The creation of the foundation Eduki to further develop our educational programme.
- Over 180 student creations for contests on international Geneva.
- 16 thematic files (over 850 pages dedicated to international cooperation).
Support social and professional integration:
- Up to twenty interns per year to acquire an experience of the international organisation system and international cooperation.
- More than 200 volunteers supported our activities and acquired better knowledge of international Geneva.
- Welcoming unemployed in activities of professional reinsertion
Twenty projects developed:
- Indigenous Peoples’ Cultural Day, targeting this population.
- « Innovative Green Building » conference.
- High Level Panel meeting on UN reform.
- Educational programme on international Geneva
- Legal search engine for International Law.
- Welcome Desk at the UN Human Rights Council.
- Welcome and information centre for delegates at la Pastorale.
- Recycling computers for projects in developing countries.
- Participated in organising the International Symposium on Volunteering.
- Participated in organising the World Summit for Social Development (Geneva 2000), World Summit on the Information Society, the UN’s 60th anniversary and the UN Open Days.
- Coordination of the World Civil Society Forum, aimed at promoting international cooperation with international organisations.
- Organisation of the « Environnemental Village» for the UN Conference to Combat Desertification.
- Study on the economic impact of the international non-governmental sector.
- Pedestrian planning for international Geneva.
- Creation of the agenda of international conferences.
- Organisation of various meetings and thematic brunches.
- Realisation of multilingual information guides: Delegate’s guide, NGO guide, IO guide, rights of the child manual, fair-trade guide, etc.
- Developing a network of homestays.
- « mixed-use building » project.
Engaged for international cooperation, sustainable development and research:
- Launching 2 European research projects (Hobnet et IoT6) with the University of Geneva and HES-SO which contribute to creating jobs in the region and continue to reduce the energy consumption of builings.